Leonardo

Tell us: what’s in your garden?

by in Amazing Animals

There are all sorts of creatures living underground.

You’d know that if you read the latest animal action because there was a whole story about it. I thought it was very interesting and I’m off out in a minute to see what I can see coming up to the surface. There’s nothing I love more than a bit of investigation!

Why don’t you do the same?

Tell us right here, what was the last underground-dwelling creature that you saw? It could be in your garden, or at school or anywhere really.

So whether you’ve seen a wriggly worm in the grass or an ant running up and down the garden path, let us know! We’d love to know when you saw it and what it was doing too.

P.s. No need to get muddy and start digging around in the dirt, just tell us what you see out and about!

Leonardo

Leonardo

Oh, hello there. I'm Leonardo. Don't call me Leo. I love a good mystery - that's why I'm your man when it comes to lists and reviews. I just love to snoop around! That's how I ended up getting my antlers caught in a football net all those years ago. I'm just fine now though.

48 Responses to “Tell us: what’s in your garden?”

1. lexi

When year six went to PGL we doe a nature trail and had to find certain creatures;it was fun breaking logs and looking under stones!

• lexi

Thats funny Ella!We couldn’t find ANY ants!

2. Jenna rose gillatt

I got a greenhouse for my birthday on the 6 of April. I am growing Tomato, cucumber and strawberrys.Yummy! !!!!

• Amelia

In our green house we saw a salamander! It was very beautiful

• Sarah E Sarah E

Hi Amelia,
        are you sure it was a salamander? I don’t think we have any salamanders that are native to the UK. Could it have been a newt?

• Natalie

ahh i want a salamander of any lizard esspecialy a bearded drage (its not a real DRAGON)

• Chloe Austin Hawkins

lucky you my cat , simba , rolled in our strawberrys in our garden because of the hay my mum puts in it to get rid of snails

3. olivia

some people see animals but the best thing is to do is ask your mum if they know who pet this is and if they dont know conntact the rspca and they will take care of it

• Natalie

yes but what if its someones and you dont know who its is and you take it to the rspca they wont be happy!!!

4. Chloe Austin Hawkins

i find loads off stuff in my garden , snails , spiders , ants , bees , wasps and even the odd cat rolling in the sun , or snow or rain , !

5. Sarah K Sarah K

It rained really heavily on Saturday and I saw a snail on the window sill of my house! It was a nice surprise when I got home 🙂

• Olivia

Its always a nice surprise when a snail comes to your house.

6. Jenna rose gillatt

I play with my dog in my garden but she has nothing to play with please can someone recommend a Staffordshire bull terrier toy. Every thing I give her she destroys.I’ve tried everything.

• Chloe Austin Hawkins

same with my cat simba she will kick the staris and she even pulled up the rug which was a pain because it is the only thing that covers the floor underneath it and she breaks her toys quickly execpt pencils she snaps them but they get lost once i got a kinder egg toy and she lost a bit when i made it so i can’t play with it ever again

• Natalie

if sshe destroys it it means she likes it lol jenna rose gilatt

7. Amelia

Well, there is the fox that keeps going into our garden and onto the patio. He isn’t very fast and doesn’t look well and has a limp tail. I told my Mom that we should ring the RSPCA but she’s not sure. Please can you help? Thankyou

• Sarah E Sarah E

Hi Amelia,
      I’m afraid we are not an advice service here on the blog, but if you are concerned about any animal, your mum can ring the RSPCA’s 24-hour cruelty and advice line on: 0300 1234 999. I hope that helps Amelia.

• Amelia

That’s ok. Thank you anyway!

• Natalie

i aggre ring the RSPCA so they can look after it i love animals i want whats best for them! amelia

8. catz_rock

My garden is full of bugs!
    There is a fox who wonders around my street, it looks healty but its tail is thin and mangy
    Can i help it

If you want to help foxes have a look at our fox pages. But if he looks healthy, as you say, there’s probably nothing to worry about.

• catz_rock

Ok, thanks.
        My neighbour leaves out sausage for the fox, will that harm it?

Hi catz_rock, sausages will probably do no harm to the fox but they might not be that good for him so best not to feed them all the time. Some good things to feed foxes are cheese, boiled potatoes, raw chicken pieces and bread.

9. Lauren Noakes

The last thing I saw was a tick I just got of my rabbit! I hate ticks!!!!

Once I found a snail in my garden, I put him in an empty ice cream box and called him ‘Slimy’ I put some lettuce in with him. The next day I saw he was gone it was great having him around. Now I want a pet snail.

• Natalie

you cant have a pet snail thats weird
      but once my cat was chasing a moth and cought it i looked after it then let it out

11. Amelia

Hiya. Well the mystery animal has come back to my green house. I have researched and yes, salamanders don’t live in the uk. There are three species(I think!) of newts in the uk but im not sure if my greenhouse guy is one of them. Is there any way I can send you a pic of him/her and his family?
    Thanks

Hi Amelia, we’d love to see a picture of your greenhouse family! Just make sure that you don’t disturb or frighten them and don’t try to handle them. You can send the photo to animalaction@rspca.org.uk. Thanks!

12. Hannah R

My kitten caught a Slow worm and my mum rescued it and I took it down in the woods in a damp place near my house

13. Freya

Once I found a tiny lizzard at the beach, but the most interesting thing I see in the garden is cats!!

• Freya

A lot of people in our street have cats but we have to be careful when they come in our garden as they might scare our guinea pigs! 😉

I a dog and a cat, cos Jasper (my dog) and Sophia (my cat). 😉

15. Chachastewart

I have a dog and we have found a hedgehog what do we do? Do we leave it or do we call the RSPCA

Hi Chachastewart, if the hedgehog’s okay you probably don’t need to do anything with it. If you are really worried you can ask a question to our virtual assistant on the RSPCA website. Once you’ve opened the page scroll down to click on ‘Ask Annie a question’.

16. Bethany

The last creature I saw was a woodlouse under a plant pot.Their was millions of them.

17. Eva Dore

we get lots of wild birds and mini beasts where I live and hundreds of rats and mice.

18. Eva Dore

we get lots of wild birds and mini beasts where I live and hundreds of rats and mice we also get cats that come into our garden, but that’s very rare. And we get foxes and even weasels sometimes.