Sarah K

June/July magazine out now!

by in News

Have you seen the rabbit on the cover?

Does it make you go ‘ahhhhhhhhhh‘? Me too! He’s being a bit cheeky though – he looks like he’s trying to eat our cover line!

Write on! results

We finally let you know who won our writing competition. There are three winners (all girls!) who have, between them, written two lovely stories and one fab poem. Flick to pages eight and nine if you’re desperate to see whether you’ve won!

Look out for the ‘P’!

The little ‘Park’ symbol opposite has been dotted around animal action. Wherever you see it, it means there’s more to read right here in the Park! Just type the keywords from the magazine straight into the search box on the blog. Magic!

Happy rabbits

When you hop inside you’ll see a great feature on what rabbits need to lead happy lives. We show you what an ideal rabbit home looks like and the things you need to give your rabbit. Rabbits aren’t easy pets to look after at all. They need so much special care and not everyone realises that.

More perfect pets

We just love a good rehoming story and there are loads  to see on pages 24 and 25. Here’s Fisher the ferret  who was being looked after at the RSPCA Leybourne Animal Centre before being collected by his new owners. They already had a ferret called Noodle who was lonely and now Noodle and Fisher are the best of friends! Yay!

And there’s more of Dougal’s big adventure (catch up with the story below if you missed any!), more fun and games and another Doodle-tastic.

If you’re not a member and you want to get animal action find out how.

The next issue will be with all you lovely people in July. It’ll nearly be the Summer holidays then – wow, I can’t wait!
Sarah K

Sarah K

Hi, I'm Sarah and I look after our fantastic junior membership. I've been at the RSPCA for seven years and I've loved every minute. There are so many dogs around the office - it's great to get to know them all! I love animals and used to have five amazing pet rats. And, in case you didn't know, rats are possibly THE best pet. Well to me anyway. I don't have a favourite animal though - I think they're all amazing. I've even started to like spiders a bit more, weird I know! The thing I enjoy most is seeing animals in their natural habitat - to me there's not much more thrilling than that.

Attachments

Total Attachments: 10

80 Responses to “June/July magazine out now!”

Is that the cover to the next magazine and, when is it being posted.

Yes, that’s the cover – we love it! The magazine was posted on Friday. If you don’t have yours yet it will come any day now!

• Olivia

I can’t wait. I was desperate to know the top 3 winners. I was a bit nervous though.

• Olivia

Sarah K guest what, now I have it. 🙂

• bethany

thanks because i haven’t got mine

hi Bethany, oh dear you should really have got your June/July issue by now because the August/September one’s out this week! If you definitely haven’t got the one with the rabbit on the cover I think we should send you another one. Please let me know by emailing animalaction@rspca.org.uk and letting me know your full name and your postcode or membership number. Thanks!

• thomas eaton hall

that look greatand excellent hope it gets relisead soon

2. lexi

There’s not much point anyway because i know who won and who was shortlisted and i wasn’t even shortlisted and i feel stupid because are laptop almost has a virus and i checked my story and i made LOADS of stupid mistakes and since then i have learnt SOOO much, plus-something i’ve learnt since- my heart has shriveled up and died and i have no confidence. Only joking It’s made me stronger and i have SATs on Monday and felt really confident,now i’m a tad less confident but it’s fine. Look on the website to find out who won, congrats, because i would be jumping up and down if it was me! You might not have found out but congradulations!
    PS
    I’m writing a new animal story,i hopefully can enter next year!Fingers crossed!

3. Jenni

I’ve just received my 1st animal action magazine and I love it!!!

Thanks Jenni – that’s great! We’re so glad you like it 🙂

4. lexi

I know who won,just click on the den ,on the RSPCA website,and click on writing contest-you can also see who was shortlisted! I still haven’t got my Animal Action. also today(Monday) done the first SATs paper,the level 3-5 one was easy,however-it’s the real thing you know!-In the afternoon i done the level 6 reading paper and it was only 15 questions but it was really hard and you got 50mins,any advice?

• zahrah

are you sure? 8 and under winners poem isnt to do withe animal rescues?

5. melissa

i have just done my SATs aswell and am doing the leavel 6 math tomorow> i havent got my mag yet but cant wait to read it !

6. lexi

I haven’t got my mag yet! And i’ve done the level 6 reading and SPAG and doing the maths tomorrow,we exactly the same!

7. catz_rock

When is the mag due to arrive?
    I still havent got mine.

• Ali Ali

Oh dear, it seems a few people’s magazines haven’t come yet! It should be there any day now catz_rock – we’re sorry you’ve had to wait.

• zahrah

EVEN MINE HASNT COME IM DESPERATE TO KNOW THE WRITE ON WINNERS WHO ARE THEY?

8. lexi

@rspca team
    It is friday and i still haven’t received my animal action mag,where is it?

• Ali Ali

Uh oh, looks like the post isn’t as swift as me! Sorry boys and girls, your magazine should have come by now but they seem to be a bit late. They should arrive any day!

• Lily

my magazine came today its really cool and i especially like all the parts about the rabbits because i love rabbits and i have a rabbit too and she is really cute

9. Lily

how do you get the free gift from the june/july issue
    i can’t find it on the website 🙁

Hi Lily, you have to type the web address for the gifts straight into your address bar. You can’t get to it by clicking in the Park because it’s hidden from people who aren’t members! Just go to page 19 and you’ll see what you need to type in – it’s in red writing in the ‘Join in’ section! Hope you like your desktops!

• Lily

thanks. I chose the fox desktop because it was really cute.
        I love the magazine and I love animals. I really want to be a vet.

10. woof

I just came home from a school disco and I saw it on my bed. I was super happy!!

• woof

Ive just read the mag and i dont know how to get the gift. any help????

Hi woof, you have to type the address for the gifts straight into your address bar. You can’t get to it by clicking in the Park because it’s hidden from people who aren’t members! Just go to page 19 and you’ll see what you need to type in in red writing in the ‘Join in’ section!

• Alice

aww!I love it when mums do that! once,when I was little,I wanted this soft toy, my mum told me to put my doll to bed and on the bed was the toy

11. Ashwini

Hi, when will you do one about snow leopards !!!

Hi Ashwini, would you believe we did an animal action magazine with snow leopards back in 2010?! Sadly that means we won’t be doing snow leopards again any time soon. If we have any of the magazines left I could send you one though. If you want me to, just send your address to animalaction@rspca.org.uk.

• Lydia

The rabbit on the front is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute !

• anna

yeah your right
      i might not of won but i am happy for those who did.ill try harder next time!

12. horse+ponyluvver

u r awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I luv my magazine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. catz_rock

I love animal action! I’ve been a member since the 100th issue!
    What is the age limit for the mag?
    Cause when i’m eventually a teenager, will i still be able to subscribe?

Hi catz_rock, there isn’t really an age limit (except for 18!) but age 12 is the age when you can join Young RSPCA. When you get to 12 you’ll get a letter where you have the option to switch to teen membership or keep getting animal action. Wow – you’ve been a member for a long time, thank you so much for sticking with us! In that case you will remember the old design of animal action – I bet not many members do!

14. lily

i have to decide whether to stay or animal action or start animal life
    such a hard decision 🙁

when is the other issue being posted????????????????????

it shows another magazine at the corner but whenever I click on it all it does is go to the cover of THIS magazine so could you please give me a reason (or more) of why this is happening. thank you.

Hi Olivia, if you try it now it should be fixed!

17. Kirsten

Hi, My daughter is an Animal Action subscriber and has raised some money for the RSCPA with a book sale. She would LOVE to see her picture in the magazine, she’s raised money a few times but never had a mention 🙂 What’s the best format to send photos in?

Hello Kirsten, that’s lovely news – thank you! We’d love to try and get this into the magazine, we just get so many entries which is why she may not have appeared in the past. If you can email the photo, telling us what your daughter did, then there may be more chance as we’ll see it straight away! The address to email us at is animalaction@rspca.org.uk and just put Action for Animals in the subject box. Thanks again!

Hi Abbie. When you join you are sent a letter with your membership number written at the top, or it will be printed on your membership card (if you joined this year). You should also find it printed near your address on the piece of paper that comes with each magazine. It’s a seven digit number and usually starts with a 4! If you are stuck you can email your full name to animalaction@rspca.org.uk and we will send your number to you.

18. cats are the best!

Animal action is the best! What is animal life like? I will be 12 next year so I will have to do a very hard decision.