Sarah K

Poll results: how many pets do you have?

by in Fun things to do

We wanted to know how many pets you have.

So, we asked!

Three or more

Wow, 35 percent of you – that’s almost a third – have three or more pets! Sarah E has two cats and a dog so this is where she would fit in too.

Ones and twos

One in five of you have two pets and another one in five of you have just one pet.

That makes 75 percent of you, overall, who has a pet of some type.

No pets at all

A quarter of you have no pets at all but 13 percent say they would like a pet one day and 4 percent used to have a pet.

That’s some pretty interesting stuff. Let us know which category you are in and what pets you have!

Sarah K

Sarah K

Hi, I'm Sarah and I look after our fantastic junior membership. I've been at the RSPCA for seven years and I've loved every minute. There are so many dogs around the office - it's great to get to know them all! I love animals and used to have five amazing pet rats. And, in case you didn't know, rats are possibly THE best pet. Well to me anyway. I don't have a favourite animal though - I think they're all amazing. I've even started to like spiders a bit more, weird I know! The thing I enjoy most is seeing animals in their natural habitat - to me there's not much more thrilling than that.

97 Responses to “Poll results: how many pets do you have?”

• Hannah

Having a pet is great and I am sure you would love having one!
      (Ask your Mum and Dad nicely!)

• Rosie F

I had 13 rabbits, 8 guinea pigs, fish and a tortoise called Fluffy.

• ...................................

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww that’s alot of rabbits.

• lola davies

i have 14 pets nine chickens 2 guinea pig and 3 cats and soon we will be getting a bantom cockrel

• Freya

Lucky! I’d love to have loads of pets but I do have 2 which is awesome!

• Sharna

I got guinea pigs by learning alot about them and asking nicely!

1. Lucy

I have a dog called Herbie and a goldfish called Corol. I love them both and always look after the because I looooove them!!!

• ...................................

I love the name herbie, especially for a dog.

I first had 4 pets but Zebra (my guinea pig) died 🙁 and then Tank (my dog) died 🙁 then Pepper (my other guinea pig) died. 🙁 so now I only have 2 pets and that’s Sophia (my cat) and Jasper (my dog).:-)

• ...................................

That’s good hopefully you’ll get some more soon!

• Olivia

To the one who wrote dots: I have bought two dwarf hamsters called Nibbles and Hammy.

• Olivia

it is but my mums going to buy me a hamster later in the holidays. 🙂

• Mason

the problem is pets die or have to be put down and it is really sad

• Olivia

my dog died when he was old and ill. (none of my pets had to be put down)

• Olivia

Thank you all for your nice comments, it was very sad when my pets die whenever I think about it I cry.

• Olivia

I’m sorry Lauren 🙁 I want a goldfish but I’m not aloud one. I know how you feel. 😉

3. Sophie

I have 2 dogs, Ted a cairn terrier and Badger a cocker spaniel, I love them both!

• Olivia

your like me,I have a dog called Jasper and a cat called Sophia and I love then them both. 😉

4. Chloe Austin Hawkins

i have 2 pets i wish i could get a gerbil but simba my cat will hurt anyone inculding me!

5. lily

i have 1 rabbit called smudge, 2 adult guinea pigs called skittles and scrabble and they had kittens called cluedo, jenga and rubix.

• ...................................

I agrre I love the name smudge, I think it’s trendy!

I only have a cat and a tortoise now but I usede to have 3 guinea pigs and gerbils as well

7. Hannah Reynolds

i have 3 cats (but sadly, oscar, my oldest one, is very ill and may pass away soon :(:() i have 2 dogs, one guinea pig and one hamster and a tortoise

I know whet happened, they died, I’m really sorry. 🙁

• Olivia

we all feel sad when our pets die. 🙁 3 of mine died.

• ........................................

That’s sad i’m so sorry for you I know how it feels

• Olivia

me to, its sad when your pets die.

• Mason

I used to have 2 cats and they are both dead now. One got hit by a car and one had a tuma in its mouth and had to be put down.

• Olivia

poor cats. did you get any new ones?

• Olivia

A friend of mine had two cats, one the dad was on the tractor in the farm shed and knocked it down he died, and the other one got knocked by a car, now he makes that man give him 5 pounds each week.

8. Lucy

i have a Dutch rabbit called Barney, and he is by far the craziest thing on Earth!!!!! 😛 🙂 🙂

• Chloe

cuteee ahahaahah 😀 😀
      i have a bichon frise puppy called hugo

• ...................................

AHHHH. I love puppies.

• Olivia

I love puppy’s. 🙂 The thing that’s not good is that they grow into big dogs- but there still nice when there big dogs. 😉

That’s a good thing to mention, Olivia. Sometimes people get a puppy thinking they’ll be like that forever, but animals get older just like us. We have to remember that bigger animals need more space and more food! Always make sure you think about the long term commitment of getting a pet before you go ahead. There’s A LOT to think about.

• Olivia

I have enough space for my medium dog, he’s fully grown and has enough space and he loves it!!!!

9. Fynn from german i speak a little english

Cyberpets are good

I have 2 pets Sophia (my cat) and Jasper (my dog) and I love them to bits.

11. Chloe

i have a dog a bichon frise called hugo hes soo cute

Hi Coco, thanks for letting us know that you don’t have any animals.

12. .......................................

I have lots of pets: 1 dog, 1 horse, 1 hamster, 3 cats and 47 chickens! I still want another horse though, preferably one from the RSPCA.

my cat went missing, I hope she didn’t get knocked down by a car as she is only young.

• Olivia

Well the thing is we went to look for her and couldn’t find her then we went back to give her some food in case she came back late and then she came climbing down the ladder as if to say “Where have you all been” and I think she even was asking the Jasper. (my dog) 🙂

14. Mason

I have over 100 fish in my pond i have a guinea pig and a tortoise who is very athletic

15. Jessica

I have a female leopard gecko but I might be getting a second one soon 🙂

16. Amelia

I have fish but I might be get a rabbit next month! I’m really excited because rabbits are my all time favourite animals!

I’m looking after my aunties dog Gucchi for two weeks shes a dalmation and very clever she can speak. 🙂

later through this week I might get a hamster, my mum had 1 when she was young and she still has the cage so when we get a hamster we’re going to put it in that cage. 🙂

I got 2 dwarf hamsters 3 days ago we were ment to get one normal hamster but the pet shop keeper said that normal hamsters are hard to get so we got 2 dwarf hamsters instead the brown one is called Nibbles and the white one is called Hammy they both have red eyes. 🙂

20. Alice

i don’t have a pet but the neighbours cat is always over he is called jojo

21. lizzie

i have 133 pets. i live on a farm and have 50 chickens, alpacas, dogs, rabbits, hamsters, fish and loads more!!! it can get btiring though

22. poppy

wow. i would love chickens so much but have a hamster and two fish. they are lovely.

23. Daisy

I have 2 Guinea Pigs and 1 dog. That makes 3, so I have 3 pets! Easy! 🙂 🙂 🙂

24. Bethany

I have 3 cats and 1 dog.They are soooooooooooo cute , I love them.But I wish I could have a rabbit I love them they are really cute.I used to have a hamster but he died. I was really upset.

25. Eva Dore

my family own 2 rabbits, 10 chickens, 2 guinea-pigs and 1 dog.