Amber

How much do you know about rabbits?

by in Fun things to do

We love talking about rabbits.

That’s because they’re sadly rather misundertsood.

How much do you know about rabbits?

Lots of people think they’re a good first-time pet, easy to look after and they don’t need much space. But that is really not true at all.

Thankfully it’s Rabbit Awareness Week which is a time when the RSPCA and lots of other charities try to spread the word about rabbits and help people to understand them better. To help you understand – and have a bit of fun at the same time – I’ve made you a pretty cool quiz!

Test yourself

Download the quiz below and see how much you know. You could even turn it into a game for the whole family and see who knows the most!

Amber

Amber

Hi, I'm Amber. I was abandoned when I was six weeks old but the RSPCA looked after me and my life's been fab ever since! I love making friends and I'll sit on your lap happily for hours, if you'll let me. I love learning and catching up with the news. See you around!

Attachments

Total Attachments: 1

12 Responses to “How much do you know about rabbits?”

1. Alice

I think people should really consider before they get a rabbit you should get a pet because you’ve got everything it needs not because it’s cute

2. Emma

I think you should read and make sure you understand how to look after rabbits before you get them. It’s not as easy as it sounds!

3. Anonymous

I have 2 rabbits and a guinea pig all of which have a quarter of our garden (our garden is massive, trust me!) They live happily together (I know it advises you to keep rabbits and guinea pigs seperate but our are best of friends) don’t get rabbits unless you have owned another pet before or have asked RSPCA or your local vet EVERYTHING about keeping rabbits.

• Sarah E Sarah E

Hello anonymous, thank you for your comment. The reason why we advise you not to keep rabbits and guineas together, is they pass diseases to each other – not because they might not get on. I hope that helps.

As you know, rabbits are complicated pets that need a lot of care.
      Thanks for your comment 😉

4. Anonymous

rabbits need much more than a hutch, food and water. they need either 2 or more hours outside of their hutch to get execise or build a fence with their hutches in. they need access to grass or hay and dont just give a peice of cabbage, hide some peices here and there to give a challenge for them as rabbits are very intelligent. they need toys too, prefferbly wooden toys or chewible tunnels they can gnaw because, like any rodent, their teeth are forever growing.

• Alice

You are totaly right!!!Rabitts do need more than meet the eye and people should know that!

5. Tasneem

to amber i love rabbits but my dad is allergic, i help takecare my grampa’s rabbits

6. Lily

If your parents tell you that they want to get you a rabbit as a starter pet they are 100% wrong. I recommend you only get a rabbits when you are 13 and above because you really have to know about rabbits. What happens if you get a rabbits and think it just eats carrots? well they hay, pellets, green vegies and the tiniest amount of treats.

• Sarah E Sarah E

Hi Lily, what a great post! You are so right! Rabbits don’t really make good first pets; as you say, you have to know all about rabbits (like any pet) before taking one on. Well said you! Sorry, but I had to take out your Youtube link. For lots more information on keeping rabbits, go to: http://www.rspca.org.uk/rabbits 🙂

7. Emily Ferdiando

I have a dog but I really want a rabbit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!