This Sunday is the most romantic day of the year.
But our pets show us unconditional love all year round and they deserve the same back! Check out our top tips for caring for your non-human friends and then click on the links below for extra information about your pet.
Most pets like to play with toys
- Make sure whatever they have is safe and suitable for their species. Are his/her existing toys a little worn out? Why not treat them to something new!
Give them a health check!
- Pets can’t tell us when there’s something wrong so we need to watch out for signs of injury or illness every day and take them to a vet if necessary.
Handle/play with your pet every day
- On Valentine’s Day can you spare some extra time with your pet, doing something he/she will enjoy?
Keep your pet’s home clean and tidy
- Animals that live in an enclosure, like rabbits or hamsters, will need cleaning out regularly.
Let them use their natural instincts!
- Wild animals are used to hunting for their food so why not hide some safe treats around your pet’s home? You’ll be amazed at how quickly they can sniff them out!
Give them a break
- As much as we want to snuggle with our pets we need to remember to give them space too. We all need quiet time once in a while and our animal friends are no different.
Download our pet care factsheets
Now’s the time to find out a bit more about what your pet needs. Click on the links in the attachments section below.
We’ve got helpsheets for dogs, cats, rabbits, rats, guinea pigs, hamsters, chinchillas, ferrets and mice!
Total Attachments: 9