It’s the day when, every year, people all across the country will be making delicious pancakes for tea! And that means millions of eggs will be eaten – not to mention plenty of flour, milk and of course, yummy toppings like golden syrup! So, how many hens have been busy laying all those eggs? Check out our pic below for some eggs-tremely interesting facts…
Will you be having pancakes?
What’s your favourite topping? We asked around the Animal action team here at the RSPCA – and here are our favourites:
- Christine: Golden syrup every time!
- Lisa: Oooh, sugar and lemon juice…
- Anita: I’m with Lisa!
- Helen: Golden syrup and a squeeze of orange – yum.
- Alison: Nutella – it’s making me hungry just thinking about it!
- Simon: Grated cheese – it’s the best when it starts melting…
- Gina: Chopped fruit like strawberries and blueberries – it’s a healthy choice for me! (But maybe with a sprinkle of icing sugar?!)
Let us know what your favourites are!
So, if you fancy having a go at making your own, here’s a brilliant, eggs-tra simple pancake recipe (check with your grown-ups first before you take over the kitchen!). And don’t forget, your family can make a difference to millions of hens by choosing eggs with an RSPCA Assured label on them. Most supermarkets sell them, and this tells you that the hens that laid your eggs were cared for to RSPCA welfare standards and weren’t kept in cages. Sounds pretty good to us!